They are the first thing to touch the ground when you walk anywhere and the last part to touch them before you go to bed for the night.
Your feet deserve some love. After all, it's your feet that carry you through your day-to-day activities — whether you're working or playing.
They support all your weight every single day, they sustain you physically and emotionally, and they're a vital part of your overall good health.
Though feet tend to carry our entire body weight and take immense abuse, they are one of the most neglected body parts in today's world. Due to various reasons, feet tend to develop dry skin, cracked heels, and other problems. One of the most common problems is foot pain.
People who face achy feet, dry feet, fungal infections or bacterial infections, sore muscles know how disturbing life becomes because of it. Dry, cracked, and achy feet are a nuisance — not only do they look terrible, but they can get painful if you don't treat them. Unfortunately, most foot creams are full of chemicals and other ingredients that aren't good for your skin. Also, going for foot massage or pedicure regularly can be costly and might not give you a great result or may harm your skin.
But don't worry. If you are looking for something to get rid of foot pain, dry skin, sore muscles, then we get the best solution for you - a foot spa machine. So if you aren't giving your feet the attention and care they need, it's time to give them some love through a foot spa machine. It will increase your energy levels and provide you happy feet.
If you are wondering what a foot spa machine is and what it does, you’ve come to the right place. In this complete guide, we’ll be answering all your questions about what a foot spa machine is, how it works, and how to use one.[toc]
What Is The Foot Spa Machine?
It is an apparatus that allows you to soak your tired and aching feet in hot water or medicated water.
It usually comes with a heat function that helps to loosen and soften the muscles in your feet, as well as giving it a nice hot water massage.
A foot bath spa machine helps to improve blood circulation, relax the muscles, and relieve muscle tension which is great for tired feet.
It also helps in improving blood circulation, relaxing the muscles, and relieving muscle tension. It relaxes and rejuvenates your feet by increasing the blood flow & controlling the blood pressure, and removing the dead skin.
Hence, if you want to get rid of tension, pain, and soreness in your feet, you should definitely get a foot spa machine. So, get a foot spa bath for home use and enjoy pain-free, relax, and happy feet.
Why Should You Use A Foot SPA Machine?
Then you might think that why you should use a foot spa machine.
It's because most of the other treatments or therapies don't provide any results or come with side effects.
There are many other reasons why you should prefer a foot spa machine:
- It helps you to get rid of pain when many other devices or therapies don't work.
- It relaxes all 20-plus muscles of your leg by increasing the blood circulation and provide relaxation to the entire body.
- It increases energy levels, controls blood pressure and removes dead cells.
- It works faster and improves the overall health condition of your feet and body.
- It helps to relieve stress and promote better sleep.
- It works as foot massagers and provides deep tissue massage.
Getting your Foot and the Foot Spa Device Ready:
- If you are going to use a new foot spa machine for the first time, then the best advice is to start with reading the user manual as it holds the product description. The instruction manual will help you to know about product info, control panel, assistive features, regular maintenance and other necessary information.
- You should select the place where you want to place the machine. Ensure that you are setting the machine in a level space and in front of a comfy chair. It will make you more relaxed.
- Get one clean towel and keep it close to the chair or spa so that you can dry your feet after using the spa. Also, get another piece of towel or extra cloth to put around the spa machine in case of unintentional spills.
- Before entering your feet into the foot basin, ensure that your feet are clean in order to prevent bacterial infections. You just need to clean your feet with soap and clean water.
- Before starting or using the foot bath massager, gather all the necessary foot spa equipment.
Foot Spa Equipment:
It is a great way to provide your feet with the relaxation they deserve.
If you are looking for a new way to add some fun to your foot spa experience, then you should add some extra yet necessary equipment.
There is plenty of foot spa equipment on the market, and it can be hard to know which one is best for you. Here is a list of the most necessary foot spa equipment:
- Brush: Manicure brush, cleaning brush
- Oils: You can get one or more oil such as tea tree oil, lavender oil, peppermint oil, lemon essential oil, rosemary carrier oil, and some other additional ingredients according to your taste.
- Pumice stone
- Foot detox product if you prefer
How To Use A Foot SPA Machine:
A foot spa machine is a wonderful addition to your at-home spa setup, and it's also a fantastic way to relax after a long day. But using a foot spa machine for the first time can seem confusing. With so many buttons, switches, and knobs, it seems like there is no way to know what you're doing. But don't worry! We're here to help you get started on your journey of foot-spa bliss with this handy guide. So, follow the following steps and enjoy your spa:
- After putting the spa at your decided place, connect the power adapter of the machine to the power source.
- Add cold water or warm water into the tub basin according to your preference and the device. Fill the water up to the maximum fill line. You can put less water but don't overdo it as it will splash out from the tub while using the spa.
- Select the settings you want to use. Most of the foot spa bath massager comes with digital temperature control and many other amazing features. So, set your desire settings with the help of the control unit and change them with the help of remote control if you want.
- Put some essential oils and salts such as Celtic sea salt or bath salt. There are specific oils and salts for various purposes, such as relaxations, dry feet, to remove dead skin cells, feet pain and many more. One of the best foot soak recipes is bath salt, 2 drops of lemon oil, 4 drops of tea tree oil, 4-6 drops of peppermint essential oil, a little actual lavender oil if you want and 1/4 cup of baking soda. This will make your feet relaxed, remove the dead skin cells, give you moisture and help to get rid from dry feet.
- Now press the power button and put your feet into the tub carefully without splashing water. Soak your feet into the water for about 15-20 mins accordingly, and then exfoliate your feet with the help of a pedicure brush. Also, some spa comes with massage option which will help to relax more. So, enjoy the massage and soothing warm water.
- After a particular time, turn off the machine and remove your feet from the tub.
- Now, dry your feet with the towel. You can again clean it with soap and water, but it's not necessary. Now put on some moisturizer and wear a pair of cotton socks to seal the moisture.
- Now unplug the machine, dump or drain the water, clean the machine with clean water and put it aside for some time to dry. You must dry the tub; otherwise, bacteria or fungus can grow. You can clean it with vinegar, salt or soap. After drying, store the machine in a secure place.
When to Avoid a Foot Spa:
- If you have an open injury on your foot area.
- If you have recently bleed or injured in your feet area.
- Pregnant women and people with diabetes and cancer should consult a doctor first before using a foot spa.
- People who have bacterial or fungal infections on their feet skin.
Overall, a foot spa machine is the best way to relax your body and mind. It's great for anyone who suffers from chronic pain or even just an occasional sore muscle. So, get a foot spa machine for yourself and enjoy pain-free, relaxed, and happy feet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- Can you put soap and bath salts in a foot spa?
Yes, you can put bath salts in a foot spa. And for soap, you can put liquid soap in a foot spa.
- Are all foot spas heated?
No, not all foot spas are heated. Some can just preserve the temperature, while others can increase or decrease the temperature. Again, some can't even preserve the temperature.
- What is a pumice stone?
A pumice stone is a type of volcanic rock. It is used to scrub the dead skin and calluses from your feet.
- What do you put in a foot spa?
You need to put water, salts, essential oils, and herbs if you prefer. But all the things you put on a foot spa depend on your choice and need. There are no particular rules.
- Is it bad to soak your feet every day?
You can soak your feet every day if you are not doing scrub. But the best practice is to do it 2-3 days a week. But if you soak every day, then don't do it for more than 10-15 mins.